Southbrook Vineyards - 2019 Triomphe Pinot Noir
This Pinot Noir is light in colour, but not in flavour. Violets on the nose - the palate matches - pretty and floral, with a touch of oak on the back: not big, but elegant and delicious. A great summertime red!
Hand harvested on Sept. 30, 2019 at 20.5 brix. Whole clusters were manually sorted and 35% by weight went straight to the open top fermenter. The remaining 65% were gently stemmer, leaving many whole berries and allowed to ferment with wild yeast and malolactic bacteria. After pressing the wine was transferred to French oak barrels for 12 months of aging before bottling.