Keeping our team and our fans safe while continuing to share our beer has been our top priority since this started.
Here's how we're navigating the risks during this difficult time.
WHAT WE'RE DOING NOW.
Over the past few weeks we've made big changes to the way we operate. These include:
- Carefully following the evolving guidance provided by local, provincial and federal public health authorities.
- Closing the taproom to the public and moving all sales to our website.
- Offering a free, drive-thru pick-up option at the brewery and free Ottawa home delivery on orders over $40.
- Stepping up surface cleaning and hand-washing.
- Changing our staffing plan to reduce the number of people in the brewery at one time.
- Ensuring all cans are always handled with black nitrile gloves from canning day to your trunk or doorstep.
- Providing staff with non-medical masks to wear while working.
- Limiting non-staff from our workspace.
- Taking physical distancing seriously, both at work and after we leave the brewery.
As far as we know, there is currently no evidence that food or food packaging are transmission vehicles for COVID-19. Having said that, experts report COVID-19 may be able to survive on hard surfaces for several hours or perhaps even days. While we're taking every step to ensure your order is always handled with care, it's not going to do any harm to give your cans a soapy wash before you put them in your fridge as an added precaution. Wash your hands while you're at it!
Beyond beer, the most important thing any of us can do is stay home and avoid needless trips out in public. (Stay home, slay foam!)
PRIORITIZING YOUR SAFETY, NO MATTER WHAT.
We're taking every precaution possible to minimize the risk of infection to members of our team. Should someone in our brewery family come down with symptoms we have a plan to shutdown operations and communicate with our fans immediately.
If you've got a question or concern about any of this or just want to be in touch, feel free to drop us a line here.