Sign up to buy a rain barrel and green your garden this Summer while supporting our local food bank!
We've teamed up with our friends at the Gloucester Emergency Food Cupboard (GEFC) to host a rain barrel fundraiser at the Beer Garden on Sunday June 5th.
Here's what you need to know:
- Pre-order your rain barrel(s) through rainbarrel.ca here.
- Join us on Sunday June 5th for pick up and enjoy a beer and a snack while you're at it.
- That's it!
$10 from each rain barrel sold directly supports GEFC.
ABOUT OUR PARTNERSHIP
We believe strongly in GEFC's mission to deliver healthy food and the dignity of choice to everyone. They do incredible work providing fresh fruits and vegetables, healthy children's snacks and culturally appropriate foods like halal meats, cornmeal and dry beans.
In 2021 the brewery built a literal 'beer garden' at the taproom out of cedar garden boxes and spent the season growing organic vegetables for neighbours in need, distributed through our friends at GEFC. First and foremost we wanted to build a great place to have a beer and enjoy yourself. We thought if we could create space for folks to consider who healthy local food was for and how we can all be part of delivering it, even better!
The Dominion City Beer Garden is back for another year and you're invited to join us for very good beer while supporting healthy food for everyone in our commuity.
The rain barrel drive is the next logical step in our partnership as we invite you, our fans and neighbours, to support GEFC while taking steps to improve our community's land stewardship practices in your own backyard.
ABOUT OUR RAIN BARRELS
Powered by rainbarrel.ca, we're thrilled to feature 220 litre (55 gal) repurposed food grade plastic barrels with everything you need to capture and store rainwater for your garden.
Why get a rain barrel?
- You'll save money on your water bill 💵
- You'll help your plants -- they prefer rain water to treated water ⛈
- You'll do your part to prevent direct runoff that overwhelms our municipal water infrastructure 🏭
- By using rain water instead of city water to water your lawn and garden, you'll reduce energy by off-setting what would otherwise be increased demand for treated municipal water ⚡️
It might seem like a small thing, but a rain barrel can be a small step towards greening your garden!
For full product details, head over to our rain barrel sale here.